During the healing process it is very normal to experience tenderness and slight redness. Due to the use of an anesthetic to ease the discomfort, a white halo may appear around the treated area and will disappear in an hour or so after the appointment.
Once the exfoliation of your enhancement starts it is very important to NOT PICK, PEEL, or TOUCH the enhancement with your bare hands as it can lead to infection. Use a Q-Tip to apply your antibiotic and Vaseline to the treated area. Concentrated pigment focused on a certain area on your enhancement is due to the process of healing and is completely normal so please do not be alarmed. It is best to let the healing process happen naturally for the best end result.
Daily Care to Follow for 1 week
• Apply the supplied Bacitracin for the first 48 hours then discontinue . Following that, continuously apply After Inked or Aquaphor throughout the healing process, 3-5 times daily (keep area nice and moist at all times with very thin layer of product) for a week to 10 days, or until scabs have completely flaked off. Please wash your hands before applying the product. Use a clean cotton swab on each side to prevent cross contamination. If you experince excessive itching, swelling or any blistering please stop the useage of your after care ointments and contact your technician immediately.
• We recommend that you use a gentle facial cleanser to cleanse your skin. Preferably one that doesn’t contain AHA , glycolic, lactic acids , or Retin-A products as they will fade the pigmentation. Do not splash wash your face with the water from the showerhead, this may be too strong/harsh for the brows/eyeliner.
• If your enhancement gets wet, gently pat the area dry using a clean tissue.
• Keep your hair away from your enhancement to prevent the possibility of infection.
• Please allow for the enhancement to naturally flake. It is also normal to experience itching. DO NOT PEEL, PICK, or RUB the enhancement as this will make it heal uneven and may cause infection.
• Don’t undergo any skincare beauty treatments for at least 5 days after the application of your enhancement.
• No make-up should be applied close to your enhancement during this time, same goes for tinting eyelashes or brows. Please also avoid any products that contain Aloe vera or Vitamin E at this time.
Avoid for 2 weeks
• Please avoid having direct sunlight on your enhancement. No tanning treatments, jacuzzis, saunas, salt water, chlorine, or recreational bodies of water.
• Do not tint, wax, or do peels, electrolysis, or laser hair removal treatments around the treated area.
Long term Care
• The sun can damage and fade your treated area so take care of your enhancement by investing in a good sunscreen.
• If you are thinking of having a chemical peel, laser procedure, or an MRI scan inform the technician of your permanent cosmetics.
• If you decide to donate blood within a year after your treatment notify the national blood service before as this can affect your ability to donate.
• After the initial 14 days the color you have chosen will fade and begin to appear more natural.
• Typically healing should take up to about 14 days, though this can vary case by case due to the fact that some may take longer due to stress, a poor diet, or their immune system is compromised.
• Uneven color after the initial treatment is to be expected. In order to insure the best outcome we recommend a second session to achieve the desired result. The cost of the second session is determined by the time frame you return from your first initial appointment. Please review under services for more details on pricing. Please be mindful of the Artist’s time and notify 7 days in advanced to reschedule. We also require a non refundable booking fee when you book your appointments to guarantee your time slot.